Sunday, April 4, 2010

Turkey a'la Mode

Does anyone, besides me, remember Turkey a'la Mode? The catholic gradeschool I went to served this and you could do turkey or chicken on top of a starch... I really don't recall if it was rice or mashed potatoes.

Anyhoo, this is our variation!


This is so *SO* tasty! I'm thinking it should be the new Thanksgiving. Our mashed potatoes are basically russets mixed with plain soymilk, whipped earth balance butter, and herbs. However, I've been dying to try a sour cream and chive spin; I guess I've been reluctant because I don't know how the tofutti sour cream would hold up. Has anyone tried this? I would love to hear about it!!

The turkey portion is a package of tofurkey deli slices (either Oven Roasted or Hickory Smoked) cooked stovetop. Vegan boyfriend usually does these because he is the master seasoner. We frequently mix it up but one thing I really suggest is using hot pepper infused olive oil for an extra kick. So crispy delicious.../drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment